School pictures will be taken on Weds., Sept. 15. All students will get their picture taken, even if they aren’t purchasing them, as this is the picture that will go in the yearbook and on their Activity Card. Pictures will be taken during math classes. Here is more info on packages and prices:
Here is the start of our back to school info. More docs will be added as they become available:
On Tuesday, August 17, we will have yearbook distribution from 10:00 am-12:00 noon! Come pick up your yearbook, and/or sign yearbooks. We will be set up outside so no masks required! You can still buy a yearbook and it will be sent directly to your house (pretty fast delivery too!). Here is the link: https://www.treering.com/validate?PassCode=101619721180643
Below is the link to watch the recorded Zoom video of the 8th grade slide show. Due to technical difficulties, the recording did not start until the “C”s, so here is also a PDF of the 8th Grade Promotion Slide Show Class of 2025 that doesn’t have sound but does have ALL the kids, and you can scroll through it at your leisure:
Here is the Zoom link the 8th grade slide show. It will start at 10:00 a.m. sharp on Thursday morning (June 17). Zoom link for 8th grade slide show!
Here is the link to the Advanced Band’s virtual concert. This performance represents 9 in-person rehearsals of work. Thanks to all of you that made this experience possible for our students: https://youtu.be/YwniDw7dDoc
- There will be no “official” Zoom classes the last week of school, unless a teacher needs to wrap something up with a class, or to pre-teach something for the afternoon hybrid class. Teachers will hold office hours on Mon. & Tues. morning, for students who have missing work and/or want help trying to finish assignments. Weds. & Thurs. morning will be asynchronous work. Mon. & Tues. afternoon will be for Blue Cohort in-person classes and Weds. & Thurs. afternoon will be for Green Cohort in-person classes.
- There will be no more assignments or new information presented, after this Friday, June 11.
- NEW: 6th & 7th graders will be joining a special Zoom meeting on Weds. morning, June 16, at 10:00am, where they will meet their new Focus teacher and Focus classmates for next year! The zoom links and teacher information will be on their current Focus class on Canvas, on Wednesday morning, so remind them to check for it! Students will also be given a link to pick their next year’s locker partners. Their locker partner can only be chosen from students in their new Focus class!
- iPads (and chargers): most students will not need to return their 4J issued device, but there are some exceptions:
Students leaving the school district must return their 4J issued technology.
Students (or parents) that prefer to return their 4J issued technology can do so.
- All 8th grade students need to return their devices (unless they are participating in a Summer School program where devices are required). 8th graders should return their iPads and chargers to their 6th period teacher next week, or they can also be dropped off during the drive-thru promotion on Thurs. evening. If your student is online only, you can drop them off in the office through June 25.
- 8th grade drive-thru promotion: the theme is beachy/tropical and the drive-thru will be fun! Decorate your cars and come celebrate your 8th graders with us. Your student will receive a goody bag and a promotion certificate, and there will be a picture spot at the end so you can grab your cell and take a quick shot of your graduate.
- Yearbooks: the deadline to order yearbooks at the $20 price is Fri., June 17. After that, the price goes to $25, but you can still order one. Order yearbooks here! Also, yearbooks will not arrive in time for distribution on the last day of school, so we will have a special event in August, where students can come by and pick up their yearbook and get signatures. The good news is, we will be able to have our 8th grade promotion in the yearbook for the first time ever!
That’s all folks…call the office or reply to this email, if you have any questions!
Sorry, but we gave you some incorrect yearbook ordering info in our last email. Yearbooks will actually be purchased directly through TreeRing (our yearbook vendor), not through SchoolPay! Also, all ordering is done online (link below) and you must have your order in by June 11th, in order to get the $20 price. Orders done after June 11th will be shipped directly to you at a later date, and will cost an extra $5 for shipping. Click here to order, then just follow the prompts and have your debit/credit card ready. It’s actually super fast and easy. You will set up an account and make your choices in just a few clicks. If you choose to do the 2 free pages of just your own student’s pictures, it’s an easy upload process (these two pages will only appear in your student’s yearbook, so have fun with it). Feel free to call us if you have any questions or issues…now get those yearbook orders in! 😉