Here is the link to the Advanced Band’s virtual concert. This performance represents 9 in-person rehearsals of work. Thanks to all of you that made this experience possible for our students: https://youtu.be/YwniDw7dDoc
- There will be no “official” Zoom classes the last week of school, unless a teacher needs to wrap something up with a class, or to pre-teach something for the afternoon hybrid class. Teachers will hold office hours on Mon. & Tues. morning, for students who have missing work and/or want help trying to finish assignments. Weds. & Thurs. morning will be asynchronous work. Mon. & Tues. afternoon will be for Blue Cohort in-person classes and Weds. & Thurs. afternoon will be for Green Cohort in-person classes.
- There will be no more assignments or new information presented, after this Friday, June 11.
- NEW: 6th & 7th graders will be joining a special Zoom meeting on Weds. morning, June 16, at 10:00am, where they will meet their new Focus teacher and Focus classmates for next year! The zoom links and teacher information will be on their current Focus class on Canvas, on Wednesday morning, so remind them to check for it! Students will also be given a link to pick their next year’s locker partners. Their locker partner can only be chosen from students in their new Focus class!
- iPads (and chargers): most students will not need to return their 4J issued device, but there are some exceptions:
Students leaving the school district must return their 4J issued technology.
Students (or parents) that prefer to return their 4J issued technology can do so.
- All 8th grade students need to return their devices (unless they are participating in a Summer School program where devices are required). 8th graders should return their iPads and chargers to their 6th period teacher next week, or they can also be dropped off during the drive-thru promotion on Thurs. evening. If your student is online only, you can drop them off in the office through June 25.
- 8th grade drive-thru promotion: the theme is beachy/tropical and the drive-thru will be fun! Decorate your cars and come celebrate your 8th graders with us. Your student will receive a goody bag and a promotion certificate, and there will be a picture spot at the end so you can grab your cell and take a quick shot of your graduate.
- Yearbooks: the deadline to order yearbooks at the $20 price is Fri., June 17. After that, the price goes to $25, but you can still order one. Order yearbooks here! Also, yearbooks will not arrive in time for distribution on the last day of school, so we will have a special event in August, where students can come by and pick up their yearbook and get signatures. The good news is, we will be able to have our 8th grade promotion in the yearbook for the first time ever!
That’s all folks…call the office or reply to this email, if you have any questions!
May 20 at 6:30 pm
May 21 at 9:30 am
Meeting ID: 978 9770 1570
Sorry, but we gave you some incorrect yearbook ordering info in our last email. Yearbooks will actually be purchased directly through TreeRing (our yearbook vendor), not through SchoolPay! Also, all ordering is done online (link below) and you must have your order in by June 11th, in order to get the $20 price. Orders done after June 11th will be shipped directly to you at a later date, and will cost an extra $5 for shipping. Click here to order, then just follow the prompts and have your debit/credit card ready. It’s actually super fast and easy. You will set up an account and make your choices in just a few clicks. If you choose to do the 2 free pages of just your own student’s pictures, it’s an easy upload process (these two pages will only appear in your student’s yearbook, so have fun with it). Feel free to call us if you have any questions or issues…now get those yearbook orders in! 😉
Summer Bridge registration is now open! All NEHS incoming 9th graders are encouraged to attend NEHS’s week-long Summer Bridge program that’s packed with activities, learning, and even high school credit. They’ll be hosting a morning session as well as an afternoon session on the week of August 2-6. Click below for registration links and more info. https://nehs.4j.lane.edu/…/summer-bridge-program…/
Abbreviated state testing will take place on Wednesday, May 19 for the Blue cohort & Wednesday, May 26 for the Green cohort. Online students may pick either Wednesday to test. We will be testing from 9-12, and transportation and lunch are provided if requested. If you did not completed the choice survey (to test or opt out of testing), and you have not received a phone call from us, please call the office and give us your choice!
This week there is no school on Friday because of progress report grading. This means the Blue hybrid kids will meet as usual on Mon./Tues., but the Green hybrid kids will meet on Weds./Thurs.!
4J schools will conduct state testing on Wednesdays in May, outside of regular class times. To avoid taking up the limited time teachers have with students, testing will not be conducted during in-person hybrid learning time. Families have three options for their students:
- Complete state tests as scheduled,
- Complete additional tests for the other subjects normally tested at their grade level,
- Opt out and not complete state tests this year.
Students who participate in state testing will complete the tests on-site at school. School meals and school bus transportation will be provided.
Please respond to this quick survey by Fri., April 30th, using this link, so the district can plan for transportation and testing supports.
Hi Madison Families! We are so thrilled to be welcoming kids back into the building next week, and we want to make sure that you and your student are excited as well, and that you have all of the information you need as you prepare for next week’s start of hybrid learning. Please take a few minutes to review this video tutorial to the Madison campus and all of the safety protocols that we’ve put in place.
After watching the video, if you and your student have any lingering questions about the ‘return to campus’ process, we’d like to invite you to attend an optional zoom informational session at the end of the week.
Madison Families Hybrid Q & A sessions:
Thursday 4/8 from 5:00-5:45pm
Friday 4/9 from 11:00-11:45am
Zoom Link to Join: https://zoom.us/j/97475844878?pwd=eWM3RTdxN1pibWYyeGl3R1Nwdld3QT09
Thanks so much for sharing your students with us. We look forward to seeing them next week!