Welcome back to school, Madison families! Here is the start of some important info that many of you have been waiting for. Because things keep changing daily, we have been reluctant to send out info too soon, so that’s why you haven’t gotten this sooner. Be ready for more emails & texts (sorry), as we continue to fine tune it all. Here we go:
- School start & supplies list: Classes start on Monday, Sept. 14. We are encouraging parents to buy school supplies now while they are on sale. SUPPLIES LIST 20-21
- Links: Please bookmark these important informational links: Madison website, Madison Facebook page, and Madison parent calendar.
- Daily schedule: Here is what your student’s typical daily schedule will look like: SAMPLE MIDDLE SCHOOL SCHEDULE
- Student class schedules: Student schedules are not entered yet, and ParentVue/StudentVue will not be open for you until the schedules are ready. We will notify you via text, as soon as they are ready to access!
- Technology: If you have not already picked up your student’s iPad, please come and get it. Just call to let us know when you are coming and we will have it ready to bring out to you. All students will need to use a 4J issued iPad this year; they cannot use their personal tablets/computers.
- School lunch: All students will have free lunch if they want it! This is the last week of “summer” meals, and next week there will be no meal service. Starting Monday, Sept. 14, lunches will be available every school day from 10:45-2:00, here at Madison! Let us know if you are unable to access lunches for some reason.
- Parent Zoom meeting: We are offering a parent Q & A meeting, via Zoom, on Tues., Sept. 8, 4:30-5:30pm and Weds., Sept. 9, 9:00-10:00am. Here is the link: https://zoom.us/j/95501214062?pwd=Yzh4a1R1eGxtWVJoY25NNjBZaGp1Zz09
Stay safe…over n’ out!
iPad pick-up is now by appointment only. Just call and let us know what time/day you are coming (and your student’s name), and we will have it ready for you! Reminder: ALL students must have a 4J issued iPad for distance learning, and may not use their personal technology!
Another tech distribution (iPads & hotspots) for Madison students who have not yet picked theirs up, is this Weds., Aug. 26 from 2:00pm-6:00pm. Park to the right curb, put on your mask, then walk up to the distribution table to pick up your tech. Reminder, ALL students will need to pick up a Madison iPad, even if you have your own personal technology at home. ALL students will use their Madison iPad for distance learning!
Drive-thru tech distribution for ALL Madison students is today (Thurs.) from 1-6, and tomorrow (Fri.) from 9am-3pm! If you can’t make it today or tomorrow, there will be another distribution sometime next week. Keep to the right curb, and when you get to the tables give them your student’s name. Even though we will be outside and distancing, please wear a mask. We can’t wait to see y’all!
Reminder: this Weds., Aug. 12 is our drive-thru yearbook distribution from
10-noon & 1-3! Just drive into the parking lot and keep to the right curb. Please stay in your car, and when you get to the tables, give us your student’s name and we will mark them off the list and hand you a yearbook. If students/parents want to purchase a yearbook they can still do so here: https://www.schoolpay.com/pay/for/Madison-Yearbook/SdQulLm, or they can bring card, cash or check to this event and purchase one (but we prefer you buy before hand on SchoolPay if possible!). We will have an evening yearbook distribution on Weds., Aug. 19 from 5pm-7pm, same way!
We will have a drive-thru yearbook distribution on Weds., Aug. 12 from 10am-noon, and from 1pm-3pm. Just drive into the parking lot and keep to the right curb. When you get to the tables, give us your student’s name and we will mark them off the list and hand you a yearbook. Quick & easy! If students/parents want to purchase a yearbook they can do so here: https://www.schoolpay.com/pay/for/Madison-Yearbook/SdQulLm, or they can bring cash or check to this event and purchase one (but we prefer SchoolPay if possible!).
Dear Madison families,
I hope you are enjoying the start of summer. I want to let you know about a change in our school office at Madison next year.
Our current assistant principal, Erin Gaston, has been appointed to be principal of Howard Elementary School next year. Though Ms. Gaston has been with us for only a year, she has become an integral member of our team and I will miss her. While I am sad to see her leave Madison, I know that she will be an outstanding addition to the Howard staff and community.
It is my pleasure to introduce to you Madison’s new assistant principal, Gina Wilde.
Ms. Wilde is an experienced educator and administrator whom we are fortunate to have join us. She has served as principal of Gilham Elementary School, 4J’s largest elementary school, since 2013. At Gilham, she led through the development of a behavioral intervention program and created a successful house program to boost school climate and build community. She previously worked as a classroom teacher, math specialist, and counselor for at-risk youth.
Ms. Wilde recently completed her doctoral program, and is excited to join us at Madison and work at the secondary school level. She brings to Madison an enthusiasm for engaging families, improving instructional outcomes, and closing opportunity gaps for students.
Thank you for welcoming Ms. Wilde as Madison’s new assistant principal and for your continuing support of our school community. Best wishes for a wonderful summer.
Principal, Madison Middle School
Eugene School District 4J
Please follow the link below to read about resources available to families over the summer. You will find information on food, rent and utility support, mental health services, and more.
Siga el siguiente enlace para leer sobre los recursos disponibles para las familias durante el verano. Encontrará información sobre alimentos, alquiler y servicios públicos, servicios de salud mental y más.