2023 – ’24 Performing Arts Season Lineup:
- Fall Concert – Thursday November 16th, 2023
- Winter Concert – Thursday March 14th 2024 (Featuring guest performances by the Musical Theater classes)
- OMEA District 12 Band Festival – April 3rd OR 4th 2024 (Symphonic Band only and time TBA)
- OSU Middle School Band Festival – Friday April 12th, 2024 (Symphonic Band only and time TBA)
- Spring Concert – Tuesday June 4th, 2024
- Disney’s Beauty and the Beast Jr. – Dec. 5th, 7th, & 8th
- TBA Spring Play – May 28th, 30th, & 31st
All events begin at 6:30 PM at Madison Middle School unless noted otherwise.
Beginning and Symphonic Band
Band is a group instrumental ensemble. Students will learn to play a band instrument, read music, and to be a part of an ensemble. The Madison band learns and performs a wide variety of music including film scores, orchestral transcriptions, and original band music. There are three evening concerts per school year and occasionally will do community performances. Beginning Band is for 1st year players and Symphonic Band is for 2nd and 3rd year players. Students need to successfully complete beginning band or have instructor approval before entering Symphonic Band
Students participate by learning to play flute, oboe, bassoon, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, French horn, trombone, euphonium, tuba, and percussion (Percussion includes drums, xylophone, bells, cymbals, etc.)
Musical theater is a group ensemble that performs up to three plays and/or musicals per school year. Students will have on stage opportunities to learn to act, sing, and dance. In addition, students will have the opportunity to learn stagecraft skills such as: operating stage lights, microphones and sound equipment, and to construct and paint scenery.
Questions? Contact Us!
Mr. Timothy Wilcox